Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECSI

CX-Supervisor Graphics

6 posts in this topic

I am using CX-Supervisor 1.2. When I drag and drop graphics from the graphics library to the page they show up just as they are in the library. I can resize them but my problem is sometimes I need to change the orientation of them. ie: If a motor has a shaft pointing to the right I would like to rotate it so the shaft points downward. Is there a way to do this? The 'rotate' option on the right click menu is never active on a graphic. I would also like to be able to change colors or do other modifications to the graphic, but I seem to be stuck with what I get from the library. Any suggestions? Thanks

My only suggestion would be to drop them on the page, size them to the right size, do a screen capture and paste them into a drawing program. Use the drawing program to rotate them to your needed orientation and paste them back to CX Supervisor as a bitmap.

My two cents..... What about mirror also so that the pump can face to the left ? And if we can;t do colour changes or colour fills also on an object then this really limits their applicability. The tank cutaways are nice but useless....They would look pretty neat doing fills on them but alas..... :*-( Although the symbols are a great set, the lack of funtionailty with the objects is a pity. If you take a closer look of the set it is actually derived from wmf files. Unfortunately we cannot edit them with cx-supervisor. This set however is an industrial symbol set available on the net ( not free you have to but it from some where. ) search for Reichard Symbol Library. At least then you could edit these symbols directly..... Nice work around Jay however the background will also be saved with the new image. The functionality of rotate and mirror should be included with the software for the symbols also colour change and fill would be a nice feature. The lack of these simple functions can bring a well rounded product down. I still think that CX-Supervisor is one of the easiest to use, pity about the symbol functionality though...

I couldn't agree more...Omron, are you listening?...

Thanks for the input. I may be wrong but it seems to me that the first version of CX Supervisor or maybe even Sysmac-SCS gave us the ability to ungroup a symbol from the library and modify it piece by piece.

That is correct, BUT BUT BUT, that was when the symbol library was very limited. You can still do that with the clocks and Pumps_16 and Panels a carry over from the earlier versions. (In fact, if you really look at those items they have been constructed with standard shapes.) Hence you can mirror and rotate, ungroup etc..