Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Didro

FX3U-232-BD Maximum Baud Rate

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I've read in the FX3U-232-BD manual (FX COMMUNICATION (RS-232C, RS485)), that Maximum Baud Rate of FX3U-232-BD adapter is 19200 bit\sec. (See the image below) At the same time I could successfully connect with PC on the 115000 bit\sec. Is Maximum Baud Rate of FX3U-232-BD adapter is 19200 bit\sec ? Is it safe to exceed the 19200 bit\sec limit ? If I want to communicate with PC on the higher speed, should I use Ethernet module ? Thank you

GX Dev or IEC Dev will communicate happily at 115000. However if you are using the format below for some other connection say the RS instruction for example then you will have to stay within the limits below as you cannot cofigure it beyond that.

If you are logging data from the PLC then I would go for ENet.

Hello! Could anyone tell me where i set up Baud Rate? Im using FX3U. Thanks for your help!

In the FX3U Communication Manual it details the addresses used to configure the serial communications. For the BD board, it's D8120 as previously discussed. Though depending on the command you are using, it may be stored in another location.