Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave Thompson

PanelView 1000

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, a client of mine has a system with a PanelView 1000 in it. One of his curious employees just happened to get into the setup and turned the brightness to full. Now as you can guess the icons are all blanked out due to the intensity of the light. Is there any way to set this back to default values ?? I have asked the local AB dealer and they only offer a new screen at $$$.$$ . Thanks in advance for the help.. You can email me if you would like at dthompson@ns.sympatico.ca

Standard PanelView or PanelView+ ? Is the screen damaged or do you just want to reajust the intensity?

I believe it is just a PanelView 1000 although the operator said it had color icons, the operator that changed the brightness to full intensity no longer works there. I guess first step is to get the intensity of the backlight down to see if any of the icons are there or not.. This is PanelView 1000 - #2711-T10G8 Edited by Dave Thompson

See PDF below AdjustIntenStandardPV.pdf

Thanks for the info, the panel doesn't have any Keys so maybe I should contact AB again.. Maybe someone knows a trick.

See PDF below for configuration screen access. PVconfigscreen.pdf

The box in the corner was only added as of the last firmware update (about 6 months ago). So if you haven't updated the firmware in the meantime, you can't fix it.

What?? That pdf I posted is from a manual dated 2004, see pic below. I think your wrong. Edited by Mickey

Paul, your thinking of the Panelview Plus. We're working with a Standard Panelview. The white box has been on the Standard Panelview since at least 2000. Mickey's instructions should work fine

You're right. I was thinking of the PV+ which didn't get that capability until firmware 4. Before that, you always had to leave yourself an "out". On the PV standard I've never worked with a touchscreen version (environment concerns) so never had to figure out how to get around that (left arrow+right arrow always works).