Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flash319

NS screen Printing

8 posts in this topic

So I am tracking downtime on a screen that I made and would like to print the screen to a file on the USB or even just a printer. I can't find any info anywhere. Thanks

screen from a project or from ns device? first case: file -> print, choose Image file output details. second case: create a ON/OFF button on a sheet that is included on every screen you want to print or save to memory card with a $SB25 address. that triggers the print/capture function. $SB26 stops it, $SB30 is busy status. hope this helps

Great thanks. So do I need 2 buttons, one to start and one to stop?

i think just one button, stop is if there is some stuck. you should test it.

So I made a button and had it write to $SB25 on a momentary contact. It did not do anything. My memory card still just has the program on it.??????

I got it. You have to put a 1 in $sw11 first then turn on $sb25. This will capture an image to the card. If you put a 0 or any other number in $sw11 it will print to a printer.

Have you enabled the $SB25 memory area ? You can find the memory list I believe under the Initial tab in the system settings. (no CXD here right now ) Make sure you check the box of the $SB25 memory area section.

The $SB and $SW areas are always enabled. What you are choosing in the (>System Setting > Initial > System Memory List) is whether or not sections of the $SB and $SW words are being mapped to the $SB and $SW allocation addresses (Initial tab on System Setting window). For instance, if you choose SERIALA:WR00000 for the $SB Allocation Address (Initial Tab), then you can choose which of the system bits will be mapped beginning at W0 in the System Memory List window. Likewise if you choose SERIALA:DM04000 for the $SW Allocation Address (Initial Tab), then you can choose which of the system words will be mapped beginning at D4000 in the System Memory List Window. As long as you are writing to $SB25 directly and not trying to write to its mapped address, then it does not matter whether you check the box in the System Memory List window or not.