Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Uploading Program on NWOP30R-31 Processor

5 posts in this topic

Got a GE Processor, NWOP30R-31, that I need to upload the program of. Apparrently it is the same chassis as the Koyo, TI, Automation Direct PLCs. Can I use the Directsoft software or is there a particular GE software that is necessary? Thanks TW

I don't recognize that part number, but if it is the same as the TI305 or Automation Direct DL305, the quick answer is "it depends". The older GE Series One CPU models need GE Logicmaster One. The newer GE models are compatible with DirectSoft software. The current handheld for the DL305 is compatible with the older GE models. The old models only had 700 words of memory, so using the handheld to view each program step and transcribing by hand is not out of the question. If you can get a picture of the unit, I might be able to help identify it and the software you'll need. I have Series One PLC here, and I don't see anything resembling that part number on the CPU module. There were three GE PLC lines made by Koyo, the Series One, Series Three, and Series Five. As far as I know, the Series Three and Five were never marketed under any other name. The Series Five was similar in size to the DL405, but they are not interchangeable. GE PLC part numbers have the format IC6xxYYYzzz where xx defines the PLC model, YYY defines the type of component, and zzz defines the spefic part. Thus, IC610CPU104 is a Series One CPU module number 104. IC610CPU105 is a different CPU module. There may also be a one or two character suffix at the end of the part number that defines the version level.

If you don't recognize the part number, then it must not exist. I'll see if I can get more information Monday Thanks TW

I did find one Google result for it. A Fuji PLC? http://www.autooo.net/EN/2983.html

Tim, Sorry, I missed your last post yesterday. I see that part number for Fuji's SPB line of PLCs. They don't look like GE's micro PLCs and I'm not aware of any joint venture between GE and Fuji for PLCs. GE used to brand label Fuji drives, although I believe that relationship has been terminated.