Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omadamx

Q CPU prgramming through E-410

10 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use the E-410 series touch screen HMI as a bridge to program my Q02H CPU using the ethernet conexion. I have my computer connected to the ethernet port on the HMI and the HMI is connected to the serial port on the CPU. Programming of the HMI with the E-Designer is ok and communications PLC-HMI are ok as well. So far I had to program the PLC with the USB port but I need the ethernet connexion, to connect it remotely. I tried several options but none of them have worked. Any suggestions? Thanks

Are you using GX developer? The problem you will have is Getting GX dev to 'talk' through the ethernet connection. I use a re-director for the comm-port. Can you give more detail?

The 'transparent mode' functions of the E-Series and GOT1000 do NOT support a connection via Ethernet to the HMI and then serial to the PLC. Transparent mode works when connected serial (or USB on the GOT1000) to the screen and the screen is directly connected (or via the bus on the GOT1000) to the PLC. You cannot use GX Developer to connect Ethernet to the E-terminal and then serially to the PLC.

It can be done. I'm doing it now. It just takes some extra software to redirect the com port to the ip address of the E410.

Yes, I'm using GX-configurator 8.55H. How does the re-director thing work?, I have never tried that before and I would like to. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Of course it can be done with a serial port redirector, but it's not part of the design of the product, so it's not something that can be done without purchasing additional software not provided by the vendor.

I use this... http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking...redirector.html It was free, and still seems to be. I can follow up with setting details later but I don't have them with me at the moment. I don't think there is anything too difficult, just choose the com port, IP address and port of the HMI. It works with the default setting but changing a few things seems to improve performance.

I tried the port redirector without success. Can you help me with the details of configuration?. Many thanks in advance.

Attached is a Q00 program, E410 program and Redirector settings for a 10.10.x.x network. TranspEthernet___E410.zip Edited by Veganic

Thank you guys for your advise. It works!. I would add, that my E-designer software allowed me to choose, transparent or passthrough on the transparent mode settings dialog box, and I had transparent mode selected. It took me some trial and error to discover that transparent mode doesn't work. The other thing is, I have my PLC connected to port 1 (RS232) unlike the example program but it doesn't make any difference. The Lantronics redirector I installed is 3.1. Latest one is 4.xx. If someone else wanna try, it's very nice. Thanks again.