Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mugs

Am I missing something here?

6 posts in this topic

Attached is a clip from the program I am looking at. It looks to me like M572 will come on, when C660 is between 9-25, 7-29, 8-18, 24-34, and 42-44, which corresponds to M101, M102, M103, M104, and M107. The thing I don't understand is that it also looks like the count bit only turns on when I am not running, so I don't understand what increments the counter. Also, it seems that C660 would be reset each time M100 comes on, which is every index, which doesn't make sense? All I had to build this was the mnumonics, which I am guessing are not translating correctly, but I can't figure it out? HELP??? RawLadderCmp.pdf

Hi Mugs The timer c660 is setup to be an external counter with the use of M470. The selection of direction is done by M471 and M472 starts the counting. I do not have a F2 P.L.C to test this because mine has died after only 25 Years. But F2 manual does explain the operation of external counters. Rodney

Hi Rodney, Thanks for the reply. I have the set up pretty clear, with regard to M470, etc. The part that doesn't seem right is the count input, which looks to be a not of M70 to an output (C660). My understanding is that this is the line that would increment the counter, but a not of M70, would basically disable the counter in run mode? Down from that it has M100, which is the index pulse, and M71 (run one shot) to reset the counter with an RST command. I would think that the index pulse should be incrementing the counter, with the not of M70, or the run one shot to reset it? I'm thinking that the instruction was originally written as a block, but this doesn't come through correctly in the mnumonics. Attached are the mnumonics from the machine for this section, which is all I have, along with the resultant ladder, which I input as new. Basically, what I am looking for is if someone can enter the code as a joined block, which I do not have the ability to do, then export the mnumonic code to see if it matches. I suspect that it will not, due to the intracacies of the block... Does this make sense? Thanks. Jim Mnumonics_C660.xls Ladder_Medoc.pdf

Hi Mugs Do you have an high speed counter with the P.L.C? When M470 and M472 is on the counting is done externally. If you do not have a manual for the F2 P.L.C I am sure there is one in the downloads section here. In the meantime I am trying to get another F2 to test this. Rodney

The counter is incremented from the external source (encoder?) attached to an extention module? Other than that, not a clue

Ok, I have it now. The missing piece to the puzzle was the encoder that is attached to the indexing table, that I was told was a sensor... It all make sense now. Its counting positions 60ppr, each index, and does things before and after the dwell position, hence the different compare statements... Its amazing how something so simple, can kill you when you don't have any documentation... Thanks to everyone for your efforts, I really appreciate it.