Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom.ganc

Mitsubishi FX Fiber Optics Network

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have few questions about my new project. We do automatic bollards around the cities and we just started big project (16 sites for now). Each site will have FX1N PLC and they are independent. Normally we use pstn modem to dial up to echa site and controll it using MX4 HMI from Citect. Right now because of number of sites our client wants to use Fiber Optics instead of PSTN. All data from 16 sites will be collected by main HMI in CCTV controll office. My question is: What sort of network should I use (sites are up to few miles from cctv and each other). I was thinking about using Westermo ODW622 modem and connecting them in multidrop network. Then each of them will be connected to PLC via RS232 cable. On the PC end will be the same modem converting Fiber Optics to RS232. Am I right or no? Thanks For any help

I dont know much about Westermo modems, but if it's done by a device outside the PLC, it should not matter if its serial or fiber. Provided that the multidrop communication you refer to is supported in MX4.