Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eccan

display changing bmp in rsview32

4 posts in this topic

Hello All I have an active X program that automatically creates a bitmap of a part layout. This bimap always has the same name and is in the same location on my drive. (eg c:\holes.bmp). I want to display this bitmap image on one of my graphic screens in RSView32 - but if I just put it on my graphic screen and them run it, RSView32 always just shows the bmp file that was present during development. Does anyone know how I can make RSView32 use this "updated" bmp image each time the graphic screen is opened? I could use a script and open Paint and load this file each time into a box on the screen, but I just want to show the bmp without any other options for the operator. Hope this makes some sense Thanks Evan

RSView uses a cache to store the display when it has been opened. You may be able to get what you want by disabling caching for the display. (Right click the background in edit mode and look for cache options under display properties.) Paul

Thanks Paul Just tried changing the cache settings, and it has no effect on a bmp on the screen. Do you have any other thoughts?

I was afraid that would not help. I think the next best thing to do would be to use a bitmap viewer ActiveX control that can open the file for you. You might also try putting the bmp within a graphic object (instead of directly on the background). Maybe if the bmp is part of an object it will get updated when the screen is loaded? Paul