Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcalderonv

SLC 5/03 and GreyLine 2000 comms problem

9 posts in this topic

Hi, At one of our costumers plants, we sold a "step forward" to change an SLC 5/02 processor for a 5/03. We have done this several times and we have never had any problems. In this case, the PLC was connected to a Greyline 2000 HMI where the operators configure some machine parameters. The problem is that when we replaced the processor, we lost the communication with the Greyline. We have already checked baudrate, node addresses and the channel configuration of the new processor but its been impossible to make them work together. When we put again the 5/02 the communications magically re'appeared. Has anyone been through a similar situation? Any other suggestions? Thanks and best regards. Edited by dcalderonv

HMM? Same cables? Anything else connected to the network? Try increasing the "Token Hold Factor" ( you can always put it back to default)

Thanks Mike, Yep, we're using the same cable. Where is that "Token Hold Factor" parameter? is it in the greyline? We don't have experience with this kind of devices (greyline) and we rather avoid to mess with them.

RSLogix500, Channel Configuration ( see picture below). Be advised this is just a WAQ.

As I understand, the SLC-5/00 fixed, the 5/01 and 5/02 controllers handle the initiation function of DH485 protocol a little differently than the 5/03, 5/04, 5/05 controllers. I don't know the details. The GreyLine probably uses initiation function that worked with the 5/02 but conflicts with the 5/03. I can't think of a way around this.

Thanks Ken, that could be a clue for the search. Mickey, I couldn't find what WAQ stands for. Could you tell me? Thanks. Edited by dcalderonv

Typo should be "WAG" "Wild A** Guess" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...=wild+booty+guess Edited by Mickey

Thanks Ken, Mickey. So far, youre right with the protocol differences between slcs < 5/03. I have found in the Greyline software User manual, that there are two options for the protocols to communicate with SLCs processors: SLC 500 and SLC 500 KF3-KE. What i think is that the Greyline is configured with SLC500 and in order to communicate with newer SLCs, it has to be set to SLC500 KF3-KE. Ok i have to try it out but I do not have the Greyline software and the manufacturers told us they're no longer supporting that hardware. So, by any chance any of you have that "GUS" Greyline Universal Software? I would appreciate any clue about it because its been impossible to us to find it. Tkanks as always.

Hi Daniel, Any luck with the software yet? (anyone ???) we have a Greyline terminal (Cincinnati 5412) and we need to (try) to get online too. We have the manual, but like you, no software. If I'm lucky I'll let you know, but likewise, if you find a copy . . . .