Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lion

how to establish motion curve

5 posts in this topic

hello,everyone,recently I research in motion control about K6K.I find Pcam is very useful.sometimes we must establish motion curve according to application.How to let motor move smoothly is a type.So we need 5th polynomial and do some subsection function.I think above all it is a question about mathematics module. I use matlab do some curve,use some arithmetic,but I find difficult link to logic5000 software.I want to ask someone,who have establish motion curve experience,how to establsh,use what tool. thank you very much

Hello Lion. I think you are talking about a Position Cam, which is done with the CLX instrutcion MAPC. With this inst, you can make the axis move according to a predefined profile you can whether generate or calculate with another instruction (MCCP). You can also select between linear and cubic interpolation which could make the curves softly. This could be a good start. Hope it helps http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...rm007_-en-p.pdf

first,Thanks.My question is how to make function according to application.For example,rotate Knife project,this project as follows One film advanced with invariable velocity.The rotate Knife must dynamic cut it off to the same length.And the rotate Knife must synchronize with the film in pressing time.So When rotate knife depart from the film,it must change velocity smoothly increase or decrease according to the film velocity ande length parameter.Next time rotate knife come back to cut off the film,when firstly pressing the film,the velocity of rotate knife must synchronize to the film.The rotate knife is move all the time.So we must establish this math module,use subsection function to describe this Curse to complete this example. This is not very difficult example. I intend to know others how to solve the similar question,use what math tool to establish module?

Ok Lion, Now that we know you need a cam relation between two axis, (film and knife) I think it is up to the mechanical engineer who designed the machine to give you the required cam profile according to the desired movements. Once you have that profile you can consider the alternatives you have to take it to the MAPC in CLX. If you're in charge of that, then you will need help from a mechanical engineer in order to achieve the desired profile.

Some mechanical also use matlab to establish profile,I think I need some about how to establish complex profile through matlab,I need some example.if have,I think it is better.