Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dsc

Profibus Diagnose Tools

4 posts in this topic

Dear Fellows, I have problem before at site, the profibus module at last node is faulty and causing several nodes at front also faulty. The job is quite severe which i have to trace one by one station until i found out that the last node is faulty. Does anyone have any method or tools, because right now i just depend on Hardware Diagnostic on S7 to identify which profibus nodes are missing. Thanks a lot. regards dsc

Hi dsc. There are several vendors of Profibus Diagnostics tools. Softing is one: http://www.softing.com/home/en/industrial-...ostic-tools.php Another option is to have a permanently installed Siemens Diagnostics repeater. Disadvantage is that you cannot bring it with you to other installations. Advantage is that with standard blocks from Siemens you can have diagnostics in your own HMI (Protool and WinCC Flexible). edit: Hi again. If you only need the same kind of diagnostics as you have in STEP7, then with Protool and WinCC Flexible there are standard blocks that can be used to provide HMI screens with diagnostics. For this you do not need additional diagnostics hardware. However, it cannot diagnose the more tricky problems such as bad cabling for example. For this you need a more advanced diagnostics tool as the one from Softing. Edited by JesperMP

Thanks Jesper and Toqadude. regards dsc