Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DFulks

GOT1000 data transfer problem

3 posts in this topic

First post and i am kinda comming into this project blind....so be gentle please I am using a GOT1000 terminal, and my question relates to the loss of speed between the Screen and the PLC. I have Numerical Inputs on certain screens, and when i jump to those screens, the numbers are not showing up as fast as they were when i started the project. I have the OS stored on the Internal Flash Memory and the Project itself is loaded on a CF card. The project was moved to the CF card after the slow down started, I wasnt sure if i was overloading the Internal Memory causing the slowdown in the first place. I soon found this was not the case. The GOT model is a GT1562-VNBD The PLC is a FX3u-20SSC-H i have over 150 screens built for this project let alone scripts written, and i just cant seem to figure it out. I am a beginner as far as programming. And have called tech support and gotten a "we are not sure." Has anyone else run into problems relating to communications between the PLC and Screen working slowly together? I hope this doesnt question doesnt come off to stupid...thanks.

I am not 100%familiar with the comms structure in the GOT's but..... Most HMI comms manuals will tell you that when addressing registers its best practice to keep them together in blocks so the comms can read efficiently If one display screen contains variables from say D20, D700, D2000 then D6000 this means that the HMI must do 4 reads from the PLC to display the data, ifyou have all the data entry points in D20, D21, D22 and D23 then that is one read block which as you can guess is more efficient Also are you running any data logging and alarms as this can serioulsy bog a system down Might be worth looking at this as a starting point Cheers

6 things. 1. Are you using alot of graphics, especially BMP and high color graphics? This can slow the screen update times. 2. Are you using alot of things on the screen which are updating constantly? Many of the objects you can create on the screen have the option of a 'Trigger' tab where you can set an update speed. If you're updating hundreds of objects over a serial connection, it's not going to be fast. 3. You mentioned scripts. What scripts are running, and how many? Screen scripts only run when a screen is displayed, so they do not run when a different screen is up. Object scripts only run when the object is on the screen. Those would be much better for update times than project scripts which run constantly. 4. Did you set the COM to 115,200 baud? FX3U can go that high. Default in GOT is 38400. 5. FX3U-20SSC-H is a motion controller, not a PLC. I assume the PLC must be an FX3U as no other PLC can use the 20SSC. 6. Did you optimize the memory in the controller? By this I mean use sequential addresses, as referenced by the last post. One request for 5 registers is faster than 5 requests for one register. This is common practice in HMI programming. Did you actually email your programs to tech support? I know many of the guys in Mitsu tech support and am sure if they had a chance to review the programs, they might be able to offer some tips.