Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond

Rough week! Simple Question

5 posts in this topic

I need to count the time between a input coming on and when it comes on again. I want to move this data into a data file. Rough week! Can think straight! Thanks Can i use that bit to set a bit and start a counter with a k2, the set bit starts a 2 min timer, when the counter gets to 2, it resets the bit and movs the timer data into a data file for logging. Thanks

something like this perhaps... every time sensor comes on, index (Z0 in this case) is incremented by one (to point to next location, base address is D0) so the time will be storred at D0, then D1, then D2 etc. after while (when the max limit is reached) we start from zero and everything repeats. you could massage it a bit and try high speed timer if higher resolution is needed etc.

Thanks i fianlly came through and did what i put up there only diffrence was I added a rst c1 in parralel with the other reset and mov. If I come across any problems with mine i will definatly try that!!! Thanks!!!! How can I post a screen shot like that???

A) produce image: 1 make a screenshot 2. shrink it to what is real minimum (crop it, resample etc) 3. save as jpeg B) attach it to your post: 1. look below text input window (way below) for "File Attachments" 2. click browse 3. select file 4. click add this attachement 5. repeat as needed in case of multiple images C) proceed as usual (keep on writing if you want to add something and post it)

Depending on the PLC, there might also be a teaching timer instruction you can use. Q Series supports TTMR which can be used to measure time like a stopwatch.