Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derok

mitsubishi plc and keyword

4 posts in this topic

The boss handed me a laptop,cables and gx-develeper-fx and said upload parameters from our fx,fn1n,fx2n and fx1s plcs. We probably have 25 or 30 in the old factory. Most of them probably only use 7 rungs. I tried uploading from 3 different machines and got what is the keyword? The company that programed the plcs say they dont use psaawords. I got a new fx2n off the shelf and everything uploaded just fine. What are my options?

If the company that programmed them say they dont use passwords but the plc is asking for a keyword/password then somebody did put a password on them! How do you know the program is only 7 rungs? That is a very very small program. If you have the original programs - or can get them from the company that programmed them, you can clear the plc program and download the new ones. If you cant or dont then getting the password isnt easy or almost impossible for the average Joe. And it is not my place to tell you how to go about it.

Hi, Try the instructions in this manual. I haven't tried this yet, so I can't give you additional help or info's. Hope it helps. Cheers Mitsubishi_Keyword_Password.pdf

I have found removing the battery solves this problem!. There is another way....MUCH more complicated. But it is ESSENTIAL you have a copy of the original program or you're dead in the water.... you have been warned!