Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

CX-Supervisor on a limited XP account

4 posts in this topic

Normally I just run the CXS installation from an administrator account, but the particular site in question has an operator which I do not trust too much to only do what he is paid for. So I installed it on a limited account and granted all rights to the CXS program and project folders. But when loading the project runtime, the splash screen stays on for a few minutes and then I get this message: When running the same project from the admin account it loads immediately. So my question is is it at all possible to run a CX-Supervisor install from a limited account? Do I need to grant admin rights to any other folders or files?

After browsing through the CXS users manual, searching for the string "administrator" I found the following info: After applying rights to the above keys, it seems to run fine offline in the limited account.

Hi PdL, I guess they're not called Frequently Asked Questions for nothing Seriously though, I didn't know this so thanks for posting your own result - a model user Regards, Bertie

Hi Berti, Glad I an not the only one that didn't knew this, makes me feel a lot better I am actually on site today to install the NSA with this CXS project. The project was v1.3 and has been ported to 2.1 now. All seems to run fine, although I am running into some problems when trying to add points. But I haven't looked into it much yet, so I will devote its own topic if I can't solve it.