Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chinthana

How can I connect PLC, HMI and GX Developer at same time

5 posts in this topic

I have FX2N-64MT PLC connected to E-view Touch screen (HMI). I need to monitor the PLC online while HMI is connected. How can I connect PLC, HMI and GX Developer at same time? Can I make the connecting unit myself? Thanks Chinthana

I'm not familiar with E-view terminals but many HMIs have a "pass-through" mode to allow this. [ PC GX-Dev]-----------[ HMI ]----------------[ PLC ] You may notice that GX-Developer monitoring is slower than when you have a direct connection. This is because the HMI is also communicating over the same link. If you are using serial communications and you need to download a new program to the HMI you will have to stop monitor mode on GX-Developer. (This is because only one program can control the serial port.)

I'm not familiar with E-view terminals but one option would be to use two ports on the PLC (one for programming and other for HMI)

Hi, E-view is a PC-based HMI, it does not support transparent/passthrough mode (and you probably have GX IEC Developer installed on your PC so this function does not make sense then). Best solution is probably to add one additional port on the PLC (as Panic Mode suggested). //Supporter