Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
control_buddy

Citect HMI printer configuration

7 posts in this topic

HI ! I connected my citect HMI printer (windows xp ) to kiosk Printer via USB port . Now whenever there is an alarm tag shown on the Alarm page on the HMI printer, the alarm taglines is automatically printed on printing paper. But the problem here is , the first alarm tag line is printed in the first page and then again next alarm line prints on the next page(the remaining space in the first page is empty) and then page cuts .....it continues . It means in one page only one line prints and cuts and then next page only one alarm tagline ..and so on. so now what i want is ...i would like to set up the printer in such a way that when FIRST ALARM comes the printer printing the line .Thats ok.Then after SECOND ALARM should be printed in the second line of the same page instead of printing on second page. Could anyone please suggest how to configure the printer in that way.

You really should always start with the Citect help and KB on these sort of questions: Printing one Alarm per page Article number: Q1113 Created on: 9/2/94 For Citect versions: 1.00 1.01 1.10 1.11 1.20 2.00 2.01 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Summary Problem: Citect is printing each of the alarms on a new page, what is wrong with my configuration? Solution The Windows print manager has been designed for page-based printers, for example, laser printers and shared network printers. The print manager does not print anything on the printer until the entire page is complete. It then prints the page. This is the preferred printing method (when printers are shared on a network) because it prevents conflict of data when different operators use the print facility. However this is not the preferred method when you are logging alarms. If you send alarm logging to this type of printer, Citect flushes the data to the printer when the current page is full, or when the [DEVICE] FlushTime (parameter) time has expired (the default is 10 seconds). If, for example, you have one alarm occurring each minute, each alarm is printed on a new page. You can bypass the Windows print manager by writing the output to a file. Set the device type to ASCII_DEV (ASCII File) and specify the file name as LPT1.DOS, LPT2.DOS or LPT3.DOS. When you log to this device, the data is printed immediately on the printer with no extra form feeds. For correct logging operation, you should reserve one printer to be your logging printer. Use a local printer, not the network printer. You can then send any other non logging printouts (for example reports) to a shared network or local printer.

Thank you for your quick reply, dy checked this , in print managemtnet module of ctect help. But i wonder the configuration is some thng related with printer setup using esc comands !!!! what do u think ? Also in ur reply u mentioned to take 'citect help' and 'KB'. so what is KB? thanks in advance.

Which version of Citect are you using The artilce is a little bit old so you need to read up on using a netowrk printer or mapping a USB printer to Citect KB is Knowledge Base, it should be on the install options when you install Citect from the CD This type of alarm printing is a little old school now, can you not just log to a DBF and print the alarm summary every day ?

HI Again ! iam using citect version 6.10. The thing is i could able to log alarms in to a text file automatically.. Also i could be able to print these alarms simultaneously on the print page . Thats no problem .The only problem is that i couldnot be able to print the alarmtag lines one after another line until the page is completed . Instead the printer is printing one alarm in one page. and then next alarm in next page ..and so on. and thats why i was thinking that setup is to be done to the printer ....what do u say?

Nothing to do with the printer, your answer is in my first post, its a citect configuration issue