Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey431

Rslogix 5000 crashed

2 posts in this topic

i ran this problems couple times today and I have not figured out the cause or how to fix. I am using Rslogix 5000 version 15.02.00 and using "cross reference" to look up where of member of arrays were used in the sub-rountine. When I accidently put an array member without a ending spare bracket (]) in the "Name"field ( i.e "A_INT_ARRAY[4" without end bracket), rslogix 500 crashed and give me fatal error. It happened to me repeated 3 times today and i only worked exclusively on these arrays under "cross reference". I happened to differrent arrays so i know the array itself is the problem. Now the problem is i tried to re-created the crashed but i did not suceeded. It seems to me it randomly happens when i was focusing on my project I dont know if anyone here has same problem? should i report to Rockwell Automation and how can i do that ? I attached the screen shots and the error log. I can submit the Dmp. file if anyone requests... BTW, I using Windows XP with SP2 Edited by mikey431

Your Screen Shots did not show up clear for me, but I believe I have seen this before that Cross Ref will fatal fault logix if you specify an invalid item. Can't hurt to report to RA.