Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
max

Help MX sheet timing witing problem

10 posts in this topic

Hello, i've abig problem with MX Sheet with a FX2n PLC My routine write every 1 second a number on a Fx2n an for about 5000 seconds. The problem is that PLC receive this number not every 1 second but after a different time. So after for example 100 second PLc has only 93 number end this error became more big at 1000 seconds edn so on.Sometimes also the number doesn't arrives at the plc..........seems to be lost......... What can be the problem? A wrong setting of speed of 232 port of PC that has in memory the mx excel sheet? Some body had this type of problem? Thanks for any help Bye MAX

Hi there. I've experienced similar problems. MX Sheet is quite a powerful package but communication is slow, I last used it with an FX3U and the only way I could speed up the com's was to use an ENet adapter. There are restrictions to be aware of and are explained in the documentation (MX Sheet 1 sh080348ec.pdf on the CD) Good luck! Paul Ked

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer! I've the manual but i can't find the restriction that you mentioned. Do you know the numper of the page? Do you think the speedng up to 115200 the speed of com port could be better? Bye, MAX

Setting the rate to maximum will give faster communication, but it could also corrupt some data... Try it, you may be ok. The Processing speed of MX Sheet is given in Appendix 3 (Page App - 3) Best regards Paul Ked

Default on FX3U is 115,200 baud. Default on older PLC models is 9600.

Thanks all! My Serial port (sidePC) communicate with PLC via GOT on 422. So in communication setting on MC communication menu i've setted com to FX2n(in reality the communiction to fx2n in made by GOT900) is correct this configuration? Last thing, i've nociced that if a change setting of a MX sheet that as for example 20 cells and i delete the cell2 and resetting cell 2 this cell will'be dyspalyed on summary mx cell in last position,not in sequence. Is it normal? Or then the mx sheet load the cell 2 after the cell 20? Thanks Best regards, MAX

If you are communicating through the GOT in transparent mode the speed of update will be slower than in a direct connection. I'd seriously consider adding another serial port to the PLC (FX2N 232BD or FX2N 232IF) Yes, this is quite normal. I have seen this on occations where I've had to make changes to the original sheets. I think this is because of the way the VBA code is written for MX Sheet. Best regards Paul Ked

So i shlould leave the GOT900 connected to PLC as is now(i think via rs422),but i shlould add the FX2N 232BD to PLC and connect the PC to FX2N 232BD? In the user giude of FX2N 232BD,there is a notice,that says that only 1 communication board can be connected to PLC. My doubt now is whre can i connect another serial borad to PLC when there is already a 9pin board(422?) connect? Best regards, MAX

As long as you are using the standard PLC port for your GOT, no problem Edited by Paul Ked

Thanks! Now this is what i've tested today: the original Mx sheet has 8 col of 1000 rows so there are 8000 step in PLC program,organized as 100 step for wite a device and 100 ather step so i wite 100 cell with a device and other 1oo with oter device so till 8000 steps in total. If i change the MX Sheeet in 3000 step only i haven't delay on timing and no dropout. With sheet longer the timing on writing is delayed and also dropout arrives! So i could be really a low speed comunication? Boh!!??? Best regards, MAX