Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

MODBUS RTU and DeviceNet

5 posts in this topic

Hi ! I will have many temperature sensors. I could use some as MODBUS RTU slaves - less cables, but I cannot find any DeviceNet module - Modbus RTU Master - is there any? It is worse idea, but I could also use Modbus RTU Master, which could be some device for CJ1M - the problem is length of cable - I would have to install two wires to another building - one for devicenet, one for Modbus RTU. In this case what device I need? Thanks Pawel

You think that if I use DeviceNet module DRT1-232C2 and converter RS232 ->RS485 I will be able to implement Modbus RTU protocol to establish communication with MODBUS RTU slave devices (temperature sensors)? Thanks Pawel

So Pawel, let me get this straight. In short you want to connect Modbus slaves to a Devicenet network? Something like this? 4th hit in Google if you search for "devicenet modbus".....

When I read some topics about modbus at the Omron forums there are same examples how to communicate with modbus slave/master through SCU card in CJ1M - you need to use CX-protocol to communicate. This gateway is a good idea, but I am not sure how I could control data in Modbus network by program in PLC through devicenet. I can have problem to get any support for it - it is Schneider product and I am not really familiar with it. Before I make a decision I have to be sure I will do it. Does anyone used such a device and can give any example, advise e.t.c ? thanks - all the time something new

Hello ! I read carefuly manual for LUFP9 gateway and it is mostly dedicated for inverter made by Telemecanique and one LUFP9 can be master for max 8 slaves. Modbus RTU can have 255 addresess - so 8 is not enough for me - probably I will have more slaves. I found that: 1782-JDM-2 : http://www.wrcakron.com/devicenet.html It looks good and the manual is more useful. I sent email to producer how I can purchase it in UE, but I have also tech question. I have some FB for PLC to send a modbus RTU command to slave. I have idea how to implement it if I use SCU card, but I am not sure how I should use this FB to send a command to Modbus RTU slave, which is connected to this gateway. Maybe you know some tip, any clue? thanks Pawel