Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thinking_hard

FX2N-2AD gives negative volt when connect to transducer

4 posts in this topic

Hi! Please help. I'm really puzzled by this. I've got a FX2N-32MR base unit. I'm trying to connect a 0-10V pressure transducer to the FX2N-2AD voltage input. But when I switched on the PLC and the FX2N-2AD, the voltage reading gives me -2.8V. The specs of my transducer states that it operates in the range of 0-10V. So the negative voltage is completely strange. The thing is when I disconnect the FX2N-2AD from my base unit, the voltage reading gives a normal 3.6V reading. But when I reconnect the FX2N-2AD to the base unit, the voltage drops again to negative. What am I doing wrong??? My pressure transducer gives a internal impedance of 202Mohms. That means it shouldn't interfere with the FX2N-2AD unit. Please help.

Did you already write the code to configure the module for 0-10VDC. The default may be something else.

Yes... I've already written the code. But I think the problem is something else. Just for clarification, my voltage reading is taken from a voltmeter measured across the inputs of the FX2N-2AD, not the digital reading taken from the PLC using GX developer. The voltage reading is positive (3.8V) before connecting FX2N-2AD to the base unit, but after connection drops to negative 2.8V. Thanks for the reply...

can you post connection diagram of your circuit so we can take a closer look it?