Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCabout

how to clear cpu module

15 posts in this topic

i bought a new anshcpu module (Mitsubishi), never used, do i need to initialize this module? The user guide say to clear built-in RAM memory in the CPU module by peripheral devices, but i'm not sure how to. Does anyone have experience with this module, help me with this issue?

If its never been used, it shouldnt need to be cleared. But, It doesnt harm to clear the cpu and all settings. The ANSH is quite old now and has been out of production a few years. In GX dev its just a matter of connecting and using the command 'clear plc memory'

Actually Goody, the A1SH and A2SH are still active products. They are not obsolete as they are the 5" A series models. The 10" A series is obsolete. You can clear the CPU back to new by using Format PLC Memory in GX Developer to clear the program memory, and Clear PLC Memory to erase the data registers.

Hmmm, maybe here in England its diferent. I was told long long ago that the only Ais's parts I could get would be what was left on the shelf. or maybe he just wanted me to order the q series instead

what is GX dev, is it something that accompany the PLC module? A link or step-by-step instruction from you on how to clear the memory would be very helpful.

GX dev is the software to program mitsubishi plc's May I ask why you bought this unit ?

at my work place they use this module for capturing measurements. i thought it's interesting and wanted to learn about it. I want to program this mitsubishi plc in LabVIEW environment (from National Instrument). So if you can tip me on how to communicate this PLC with Peripheral device, then i would appriciate very much. thanks for earlier feedback.

Labview should have drivers to allow you to view or retrieve data from the PLC, but programming the PLC requires GX Developer.

Yes, you're right LabVIEW has user interface where i can view retrieved data from the PLC. since LabVIEW already handle all these data processing part then what else do we need to do with GX dev?

The plc you are already using has a program in it - this was programmed by mitsubishi software (by someone who programmed it) The PLC is just a blank page when you start. The plc must be programmed to interact with the feild devices it is connected to. Then you can read the data with labview. It is possible with gx dev to take the program out of the original plc and download it into the one you have.

As you can see i'm not very familiar with GX dev. how to take the program out of the original plc, and does this process set the original plc to a blank page?

Uploading a program from a PLC simply copies it onto your PC. It does not erase anything in the PLC.

Upload the program from the plc making sure you tick all the box's (like parameters) Change the eeprom back then download, once again ticking all the box's (its the parameters that have the 'whats connected' settings)