Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stef168

c200 cpu11

6 posts in this topic

hi guys, what are the ways to connect a c200h (cpu11) to a computer? and also, can i link two c200h to each other for programming purpose? then disconnect the link? thanks ! Merry Christmas and happy new year to all

One easy way is to utilise the Omron Hostlink modules. Part number is C200H-LK201. This is for RS232 which means you can only program one PLC. Also available is C200H-LK202 which is RS422. Use one of these on each PLC and you can program both. The switch settings on the front of the unit define the BAUD and NODE so they are easy to setup. Within Syswin or CX Programmer you then select the PLC type and network typa as Hostlink/SysmacWay enter your NODE number and your away. Note that these are rack mounted modules. You can also get CPU mounted equals in this case you need C120-LK202. Good luck.

Thanks for the help, how about if i use a slk21 to connect both c200h and mount one lk201 on one c200h to connect to a computer to program both c200h? if so, can i remove the cable linking both c200h without disrupting normal operations? i've asked this question because i only have 2 set c200h , 2 pcs slk21, but only one Lk201, thanks

Unfortunately, you have some very old hardware. The current line of Omron PLcs can do exactly what you are asking because of FINS routing tables. The C200H-CPU11 (the first model to ever accept Sysmac Link) does not suport FINS routing tables. Your best bet is to source some C200H-LK202 hostlinks which will allow the computer to communicate to both units. They show up regularly on Ebay and go for about 50 US dollars.

Here's a C200H-LK202 on ebay for $49.99: C200H-LK202-V1@ebay.com