Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chainsaw

NE1A safety controller

5 posts in this topic

I have an Omron NE1A safety controller connected on devicenet with safety slave modules and a NSJ12. When mapping from the NE1A to the NSJ, only the slave i/o is mapped across to i/o in the NSJ, not the local i/o on the controller. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

I guess you would need to register the I/O with CX-Integrator. If you are connected to the NSJ with CX-Programmer, go to Network > Tools. This opens CX-Integrator. In the bottom you should be able to select to upload the network structure from the Devicenet master. The NE1A and all other Dnet slaves should show up and you should be able to configure the input/output mapping. At least that is how it is done with regular Dnet I/O.

I'm using network configurator for devicenet safety - but it's cx-integrator in all but name (and a few extra bits!) I've mapped the i/o to the nsj, but it is only mapping the i/o from the devicenet remote safety modules not the i/o that is local to the controller. (If that clarifies anything.)

chainsaw, What version of NE1A are you using? This was a big issue in the original version of the NE1A and I believe the only way to get local status is to map the local inputs to allocated slave I/O in the logic editor. These points can then be registered in the NSJ. I heard they fixed this issue with the second series SPU2 NE1A. I have not used the newer hardware so I can not be of any additional help. Good Luck.

Hi, I have used a few of these Omron NE1A safety controllers. The problem with not being able to monitor the status of the controllers local I/O rests with OMRON !! One of the first units I installed had exactly this problem on DeviceNet to an Omron CS1. After some frustration Omron finally admitted this was a fault with the first generation of controllers. Their answer to the problem was to use explicit messaging to get the I/O status. This firmware problem has been fixed with subsiquent releases of the NE1A. If you have an NE1A with a v1 at the end of the part number this should be OK. The model number lable will show you the version of the firmware in the bottom left hand corner. I believe the latest is at least 2.0. Programming the NE1A: You will need to have the Omron safety devicenet configurator. It cannot be done with Cx-Integrator.