Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markysparky

eaton cutler hammer to medoc conversion

11 posts in this topic

hi can anyone help is there a program to convert cutler hammer to medoc.i work in a very old factory and the cutler hamer d100 plc's are giving up the ghost i just wondered if there was an easy way of doing it or do i have to rewrite the cutler hammer program to medoc manually. thank you

There are no 'quick fix' programs to convert one vendor's code to another. And why MEDOC? MEDOC is old obsolete DOS software. GX Developer is the current Windows programming software that covers all Mitsubishi PLCs.

True enough however there is a siemens S7 to Mitsubishi Q converter it's not perfect but it does help!

I used to work with D100's and now work with Mitsubishi. I you have specific questions post them and i'll take a shot at it. If you want someone to convert the entire program and debug it that's a different story.

ive converted the progam myself now but i have an issue with the timers.how to re wite the values from cuttler hammer to medoc.im only using medoc because it's old machines im working on and thats what all or elecricians are used to so its the easy option.i do have a copy of gxdeveloper but havent used it yet.most of our software is allen bradley.

I'm lost as to what you mean by rewrite the values. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do?

Like Crossbow I don't know what you mean re-write. But if I remember correctly in the D100 a timer would be T001.0050 (5.0 sec) This would be written in Mitsubishi as T1 K50

T000.0050 T001.0002 T002.0010 T006.0005 T005.0050 T010.0070 T070.0003 T071.0003 T072.0070 these are the timers i have in the cuttler program i need to convert them to medoc,the first 6 timers i can convert as you have but there is an issue with the last three.somthing in the cuttler hammer book saying timers T000 - T067 T070 - T077 ARE THESE DIFFERENT SOMEHOW AS MY CUTTLER BOOK IS A BIT WORN IN PLACES AND PAGES MISSING THANKS FOR YOUR PREVIOUS HELP

T70 to T77 were 0.01 second increment counters. It depends on which Mitsubishi PLC you have (check manual) In a FX1S T32 to T62 (I think) are 0.01 seconds, You need to turn on an internal coil to enable these M8028 (I think) you can use M8000(run contact) to do this.

thanx for all your help program up and running. if i need anymore help is it ok to ask