Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jey11

Labview & Omron PLC

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am planning to use Omron PLC (CQM1-CPU21) with Labview 7.1. Just I need to read the cycle count from PLC via RS 232 communiction. Is that possible? If yes, What is the cycle count read command or Where I can found these info. Thanks Jey

If you mean the scan time of the program then sure... AR27 If labview can;t read that area.. in the PLC program xfer the value to a DM area.. lab view should be able to read that. Refer to the CQM1 Programming Manual.. -> Memory Areas -> Appendix C... for more details.

my understand with your question are , you need to use labview write and read data from omron plc. ok if it correct, now labview is hmi and plc is hardware .what is communition between lapview with plc. in labview v8.5 , it have function opc client that can read and write data from opc server . now i use kepware for opc server and config kepware commu to plc by fin ethernet . it work ok stable and high espeed. result if you need used labview for read and write data any plc then you need to use opc server