Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeffKiper

Series 1 Jr.

3 posts in this topic

I found a Series One JR in the plant running our Air Dryer. I was shocked that it was still running and not one person in the plant knew it was there (no problem WHY start looking around?) I used a hand help programmer to pull the code out. I found a rung that has gotten me stumped (not to hard to do) STR 617 0001 And 140 Out 141 When I try to enter this into WordPad then Import to Automation Direct software it doesn't like the 140 or the 0001. I am trying to get it into a 330 CPU. I found a One JR. manual (thanks to Steve Bailey for posting it) and the 140 is a retentitive bit that the 330 does not have I renumbered the 140 to a C160 not a problem but the 0001 still has beating my head on the desk. Any thoughts on what it is?

The 0001 goes with the STR617. STR617 is a normally open contact to start a new rung. STR617 0001 is a contact that will be true when the accumulated value in counter 617 equals 1. Look in the section on "Sequencers" in the manual for examples. It starts on page 5-29 of the manual I have (GEK-90503A).

Thanks Steve the old compare instruction gets me every time. About 10 sec. after I had read your post I remembered that an OLD series 1 #??? CPU had this instruction in it and I had to relearn it then to. I will keep you posted on how the convertion goes if you care.