Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fredrix

Writing ASCII strings to Telemecanique/ProFace HMI

8 posts in this topic

I want the HMI to display ASCII messages sent from a PLC, is this possible to do with a Telemecanique/ProFace HMI?

Yes its perfectly possible, I have done it with a Telemecanique PLC and Magelis (which are made by Proface) just declare the variable as a string in the HMI pointing to the area in the PLC where the data is stored (2 ASCII characters per PLC register) so a 12 character string would span 6 registers (or %MW if you want the correct Telemecanique terminology)

Actually the Proface HMI is made by Telemecanique... Is there a way to disable the active event viewer on a Telemecanique Magelis XBTGT1335? (the banner that pops up when a hardware/software/com error occurs)

Ok i think we will leave that to Proface\Schneider to argue about as thats not the story i got !! I dont think there is a way of disabling the banner, i have not found one anyway. I cant honestly think of a good reason to disable it anyway ?

Here is a very good reason: The HMI will be used to make a interface to non-technical persons, in a redundant system, if an error occurs on the commuication the HMI switches to another PLC (controlled by script), the user shall not be notified of this, but instead the HMI shall act as if nothing has happened. All error messages is to be controlled by the PLC and any built in functions in the HMI are to be disabled, so the PLC gain full control over the messages Maybe it is possible to make a script to remove the error banner?

Accepted but i think if you turn that banner off you will loose ALL diagnostics from the HMI, backlight failed, memory errors, runtime errors etc etc I personally think its better to know about these errors rather than to be left guessing when a customer calls you up and tells you his HMI is not working but you have no idea why. You may be able to diable some of the comms error checking with a script bu i wouldnt have a clue about that have fun !!

Sounds perfect!! Exactly what I want to do! Backlight fail can be monitored by the PLC, there is a system bit in the HMI to monitor this...

I've talked with Schneider, and seems like it's not possible to deactivate it. But, if I can be able to acknowledge it with a script, or from the PLC, that could work! Anyone done this before?