Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

new wincc flexible user

11 posts in this topic

Hi there, im using everyday Citect but now i have to do one (maybe the only one) project with a Siemens PC477 15". To progam it im using WinCC Flexible 2007. But im new on this world and i am a bit confused Here some question: - How can i check my software (simulate) on my PC without Runtime Key? The key is on Siemens PC that will arrive one day... - How can do a popup window on a Page? By now ive found this difficult... Probably i'll have other questions thanks to everyone... Bye

Hi valerio81 You can simulate fine without a runtime license. The only thing is that every 10 minutes a nagscreen will appear. Pop-up windows are NOT possible with WinCC Flexible.

so thank you very much for answer. instead of popup ill open another page.no problem about the simulator i try to load it but it doesent work. Have i to compile program and then try to launch simulator?? thank you again

What does not work ? Do you get any error messages ?

i found the problem. was an error on my software

Hi again. I have a new question. i need to know operation time of all pumps (around 110) for mantainence. In PLC I/O i have the input that tell me when pump is running. So, while pump is running i want to count in my SCADA. And when work time is equal to a setpoint i need an alarm. The question is how can i do the count for each pump. How is the best solution for you? Thank a lot.. p.s. it's so hard to change often SCADA system.. i've tried Citect, Cimplicity..now WINCC and next time Wonderware...

Hi again Valerio. I instinctly feel that it is much better to make runtime meters in the PLC, including all the alarming etc., regardles that you may have done it in other SCADA softwares. There are several problems. In WinCC Flexible there are no timers, and scripts do not execute cyclically unless you trick them to with the PLC as a go-between. There are cyclical events, but they should not be triggered more frequently than say every 2 minutes. How would you handle that the SCADA is shutdown, as there is retentive memory at all - how do you do that in the other SCADA softwares ? Etc etc. Trivial to solve in a PLC. Takes lots more effort in a SCADA, and there are a couple of nasty problems.

Yes, probably best solution is manage pumps meters & timers by PLC. Thank you. Valerio

Hi again! I've last doubt about my project.. There is a way to see actual user logged on my system? I thinking about a string to put in one page thank you again for all!

I have an application where I have gotten around this limitation by using visibility on the objects that would have been in my popup. It reqires some PLC code (my application is for a Siemens S7-300 PLC) but it functions a lot like a popup. The limitations are it resides on a specific screen (you can always put it on the template screen if you want it to popup all over and it cannot be moved or resized in the running application. I will be glad to send you a copy of the project if you would like. David ddavidadams@elmore.rr.com

thank you david for your answer. my plant is now working but i think it's good to see also how other people work my email is valerio.gmg@gmail.com thank you!!!