Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sasan

Communcation between CJ1 and Eurotherm 2704

6 posts in this topic

I have a Eurotherm 2704 (temperature controller) and I need to communicate with CJ1 plc through 2wire RS485. I think that I have to use SCU41, but I do not khow the wire connection and setting of devices. Whould you help me? THANKS

Hi Sasan Eurotherm controller can "talk" modbus. You can find all the wiring info on Eurotherms home page: http://www.eurotherm.co.uk/ For the Omron part (SCU41) you can find info on this site under downloads. Banker

to spare you of searching through omron manuals. on scu41 port 2 is rs485 where pin 1 is SDA(-) and pin 2 is SDB(+). just wire these two pins with the same pins on eurotherm. i almost had one job with eurotherm but we decided to use omron e5cn.

Hi Tashinaz; Thank you. Whould you tell me wich pin is "com" in scu41 ?

Have a look at this manual: W336-E1-08 CJ/CS Series V1 Serial communications units Operation Manual

Sasan, Depending on the version of CJ you have Modbus ASCII/RTU maybe possible on the HOST Link port with the Serial Gateway Proticol. You then might be able to use a CJ1W-CIF11 or equivalent to communicate to the Eurotherm TC. Save some $$. I have not tried this particular combination,but, would be interested to know if someone has? MiniH