Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Total_Logix

LIM Test Function

6 posts in this topic

If memory serves me correctly, if I program a LIM instruction which has the Low Limit as a greater number then the High Limit the logic is reversed and statement is true when number is outside the Limit test. Confirm or ??

yes, you've got it correct ... personally I call this a "left-handed" LIMit ... (no offense intended to those of you who are left handed) ... so a left-handed LIMit "reverses the rules" so to speak ... EXCEPT ... in either case (left-handed or right-handed) if the TEST value is exactly EQUAL to either the LOW limit or to the HIGH limit, then the instruction will test TRUE ... so the rule for that particular "on the money" situation does NOT change - regardless of which limit value is bigger ...

I have done a similar thing with conduit. If you specify the inside diameter larger than the outside diameter, then you never have problems getting the wires to fit. Edited by finfin

I can hardly wait for my next opportunity to spring that tidbit on one of our engineers. We are in the midst of a $50M plant expansion, lots of opportunity to deploy such wisdom! Bill Edited by Bill Linne