Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shamus

E1151 & Q series PLC

10 posts in this topic

Hello All I have a PLC program running on a Q Series PLC that communicates with an E1151 by ethernet via a switch. I have set up alarms on the HMI that are triggered by either being on or off. They all appear to be working fine but if I have active alarms and turn the power off and back on there are some active alarms in the alarm list but not every alarm that is active in the PLC. It also seems that the list of alarms is random. By that i mean that it still isn't all the active alarms but the screen shows different active ones everytime I power back up. Also could someone tell me why I get a 'R' after the alarms that are setup for digital input signals. e.g Signal Coloumn in Alarm list in E Designer X1DE, R X1DF, R M1300 M1301 X2D1, R regards Shaun

Can you post a copy of your program? And what version of E-Designer? I can't reproduce the R thing here.

Hi, How many alarms are active at the same time? The default alarm list size is 1 kb and if you have max. number of characters in the alarm (78) the alarm list will be able to contain approx. 12 alarms. Try to increase the alarm list size to 10 kb and see if works better. The max. alarm list size is 50 kb, do not use a list size larger than this. //Supporter

Please find attachments........attached. EDesigner is V7.32 Increasing the Alarm List size worked a treat. Many Thanks Shamus J_M_HMI_57223.zip

We've only got 7.31 in North America right now.

Can you elaborate... or is it 'top secret'? Edited by Paul Ked

hi that R is because you have selected the alarm to be activated when the given signal is OFF thats an indication for the programmer & that is available in E.D. 7.20 its removed from E.D. 7.30 onwards byeeee

I look forward to trying it out The current software is quite feeble Best regards Paul Ked

I love the teaser... but why? I mean, if there's nothing that can be said, why bring it up? Get anyone interested in using the stuff now to not buy and wait for some future launch which 'is top secret'? My personal plan is to use more Mitsubishi GOT1000 units. The built in ladder monitor, other monitoring tools, and the bus and network connections make it a far better solution to connect to a Mitsubishi PLC. Why pair a third party device with a Mitsu PLC, when the Mitsu HMI adds so many things a third party HMI does not?

Sorry crossbow for bringing it up... I have never used the GOT-paneles so I cant realy say anything about them but I think we all are going to enjoy the new version... Edited by edda