Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

CX-Supervisor 2.0 Script "display" command

7 posts in this topic

Trying to use the display command in a CXS 2.0 script to display a page: display("page") but I get the following error: This is both in VB script and in CX-Supervisor script mode. In CXS 1.3 this command works fine. Running CXS 2.01 (1). Is there any other way to open a page by script ? Am I doing something wrong ?

I have just tried to do the same thing - no error displayed. Also have cx-s 2.01 on vista ultimate. the script, on the push button object is: display("ALARMS") and cx-supervisor script radio button is checked. as I said, the script interpreter reports no error - after clicking OK everything is ok. I start the runtime, click the button and it works, the page ALARMS is open. Hm, what could be the problem Pim? WAIT... here is the problem. if I write script display("ALARMS") and THEN check the radio button CX-Supervisor script I get following script: @VBSCRIPT display("ALARMS") @ENDSCRIPT then in runtime I get the error message like you have. when I delete the @VBSCRIPT and @ENDSCRIPT there is no error in runtime. obviously they put VB Script to be default but the CX-Supervisor Script radio button invokes @VBSCRIPT and @ENDSCRIPT which marks start and the end of VB Script. probably a little bug. if you FIRST check CX-Supervisor Script radio button AND THEN write the script it will work. Edited by tashinz

Thanks Zoran You're right, it seems the 2 radio buttons work exactly opposite of what they should do - they need to swap the buttons text and then it all works fine ? In V1.3 it is the same, only it seems the initial default script mode in V2.0 has been set on VB Script instead of CX-Supervisor! Nice one Omron devvers!

Radio buttons seem to work properly on my machine. Are you missing the point that when you change from VBScript to CX-Supervisor script the editor wraps up any exising VBScript in the @VBSCRIPT / @ENDSCRIPT so that it will still work? That good isn't it? The CX-Supervisor script would go outside the tags - then the radio buttons make sense don't they? Bertie

yes, good idea, only the @VBSCRIPT / @ENDSCRIPT wraps existing CX-S script. maybe it is better to insert something like @VBSCRIPT insert VB Script code here... @ENDSCRIPT and existing CX-S script to be outside of this. also, when first script editor is opened, the default is VB Script but no @VBSCRIPT / @ENDSCRIPT. Edited by tashinz

Is it existing CX-Supervisor script if the radio button was on VBScript? Surely it was existing VBScript? That's the way I think of it and that seems to make sense. This seems to work when all old scripts are marked as 'CX-Supervisor Script'. The only confusion I see here is if you start a NEW script, with the default to VBScript and then start writing CX-Supervisor script, and only at the end click 'CX-Supervisor Script' - hence the editor tries to wrap. Of course if you select the radio button before typing there's no confusion.

I agree, also I think that the CX-Supervisor should be default script. user should change it on general preferences.