Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noely

Citect and RSLinx

6 posts in this topic

Sorry about the first message. My internet connection failed as i was online. What I am trying to do is set up communication with a slc 500 plc using citect scada software. I only use either a 5/03 or a 5/05 processor with the 5/05 on ethernet comms and the 5/03 on df1 coms. What is the best way to do it and is there any examples to be got? Hope this message is a bit clearer Edited by Noely

You probably haven't got an answer because you're question isn't clear. What are you asking?

Here is the RSLINX driver help from Citect: Citect_V6.10_ABRSLINX_driver_help.pdf Attached some articles from the Citect knowledgebase that might be useful. But agreed, you could be a bit more specific... Q3064_Optimising_OPC_Communications_to_ControlLogix_PLCs.pdf Q2883_OPC_Client_has_trouble_talking_to_RS_Linx_OPC_Server.pdf Q2168_Allen_Bradly_RSLinx_and_Citect.pdf Fixes from V5.50 on regarding RSLinx:

Just looking for info on how to set up comms with Citect and a SLC 5/05. I have RSLinx OEM and it activated. Not sure If i need drivers for Citect.

Have you read the documentation I posted at all ? Have you installed Citect ? Configured the drivers as described ? Any specific problems ?

My appologies for that. I've been moving office the last while or so and I had completely forgot that I had posted that question before. Thank you very much for that help and I will keep up to date with what ever questions I post now that things have settled down here.