Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcalderonv

1784-PCIC

11 posts in this topic

Hello! I have a little problem with a PCIC that I need to configure a CNet: Because the only PC I could get with an ISA slot, was too old to support WinXP, I had to install on it, windows 98. The problem is, that windows doesn't appear to detect the card, it is not a driver problem, because the OS doesn't even find a new hardware! I have already tried the three slots and, in fact, replaced the sound card installed on one of those ports and fully working, with the PCIC and nothing occours. Unfortunately, I dont have another PC or another card. The card's leds, are always alternating Green/Red, so I can say the slot is supplying power to the card, but, as I said, the SO simply doesnt detect it. Besides, I havent found any information about the Dip Switches the card has. Do they matter ? where can i find the configuration for those switches? As always, thenk you very much! Best Regards. Daniel Calderon. Medellin, Colombia

Are you sure its a 1784-PCIC (this uses a PCI bus) and not a 1784-KTC ( which uses a ISA slot)?

Yes, I am sure. I said ISA, refering to the slot. but the card is a PCIC and the pc slot is PCI, but the old one.

Well I'am still confused as I don't believe the PCIC card has dip switches, but I could be wrong. ( 1784-KTC card does) See links below: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...ueryForm=%C2%BB http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...meter=1784-pcic Edited by Mickey

Youre absolutely right! and I am a dumb. I received the card in a 1784-PCIC box. SO I asumed that it was actually a PCIC, but until this moment, i had not read the tag in the card: 1784-KTCX. !!!!. Sorry Im an idiot. Now, that i have that card: What do I need to do in order to make it work? is that old PC I got able to handle it? Thank you very much and sorry again.

It should work, see PDF's below: wcd0087c.pdf wcd0087d.pdf

Thanks a lot! As you said and doing what the document says, it works!. Now I have a problem with RSNetworx. I installed RSLinx Classic 2.50 and then RSNetworx CN 7.00. Remember Im on windows 98. and when im trying to open Networx, it crashes and says that there was a problem with CNETCNFG.DLL ¿?. It's impossible to open Networx. What can I do? I have reinstalled RSLinx and RSNetworx twice and the problem continues. And those versions are the ones i have in my XP. Thanks

Glad to hear you got the card working. Sorry I can't help with your RSNetworx problem. You might want to start a new thread for that one.

Just curious about the specs of the motherboard you've got. reason why i ask, is you'd really be surprised what you can run XP on. the oldest/slowest system i ever attempted it with is an old socket-7 motherboard, a Cyrix 250 MHz chip, 96 MB RAM, and a 3GB drive. (just a bunch of junk i had laying around!) Make no mistake, it was slow, but not unbearable. I do most of my work on a PIII-933 system. It's a screamer, does everything I need it to do. (And it's about the fastest motherboard I can find that has two ISA slots, and will talk to a 1784-KTXD and 1784-KTCX) But invariably, whenever I mention it someone emails me astonished that XP is running on a PIII. People must forget that XP was released 6 years ago when a PIII was state of the art!

Hello gravitar. The board is a socket-7 with pentium MMX, 10GB HD and 32MB RAM. I thought XP was able to run in this machine, in fact, I tried to install a very light version ("Leonic 3", 300MB) but the system halted, so I decided to do it with win98. FInally it worked perfectly. I could do the job with the KTCX15 and the CNet was perfect. Thank you very much