Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geeb451

9030 to a EZTouch Enhanced

6 posts in this topic

I need help with connecting a EZTouch enhanced to a 9030 through a CMM this is a 331CPU and a 311CMM and I made up the cable to go between them 25pin to 15pin as in the GE manual but it will not communicate any help will be great.

What protocol is the EZ-Touch using? Did you configure the port on the CMM311 for the same settings as the EZ-Touch? Did you download the configuration to the PLC? Remember, the PLC must be stoppped before you can download configuration changes.

The CMM311 has two 25 pin connectors on the pig-tail or one on the module, does the EZ have a 15 pin? On the CMM311 there is 1 RS-232 and 1 RS-485/422-or-232, which cable did you make up? Or are you using the RS-485 on the power supply, if yes, why? The CMM311 is limited for programming in that you can not DL a hardware config through it.

The EZTouch is running SNP-X I made up the 15pin out of the EZTouch to a 25pin to go in to the CMM311 which goes to port two of the split. I am not programming through the CMM I am programming through the 15pin port on the power supply and I have the CMM set to port 1 for CMM and port 2 SNP. here is the pinout for the cable I made RS485 GE 25 pin EZTouch ------------------------------------------------------ 9(SD-A) ------------------------- 10 (RD-) 21(SD-B) ------------------------ 9 (RD+) 13(RD-A) ------------------------ 12 (SD-) 25(RD-B) ------------------------ 11 (SD+) 24(TRM) ___| 10(RTS-A) ____ 11(CTS-A) ____| 22(RTS-B) ____ 23(CTS-B) ____| Edited by geeb451

I assume that in your configuration for port 2 of the CMM311 you've selected RS485 as the interface and that settings like baud rate and parity match on both ends. How old is your CPU331? Early firmware versions did not support SNPX. I'm not sure exactly which revision level introduced SNPX, but I know it was in the 4.x range. Have you assigned an SNP ID number to the CMM311 port? I had problems once with an HMI that wouldn't communicate with a blank ID field, even though the SNPX protocol doesn't require one for point-to-point communications.

I thank everyone for their input and help I have figured out how to connect the eztouch and the 9030 through the cmm card. Thanks again