Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stojakovicv

CX-simulator (virtual PLC on PC) and NT21 probblems

6 posts in this topic

I am running CX-simulator on my desktop PC as PLC CJ1M-CPU11. I have downloaded sample program to NT21 by NT Support tool. I have connected NT21 touch screen on serial COM1. I have done all settings for virtual PLC to communicate through COM1 on PC, but I can not establish working connection between my virtual PLC and NT21. I have adjusted portA on NT as 1:N link. PLease help! What to do?

I have done it! Conection on the NT21 portA and virtual PLC must be HOST type. Also COM port on the PC must have communication parameters from the NT21: Speed:9600, Bits:7, Stop bits:2,Parity: E ,Flow:None It is working!

Whoo hoo... Thanks for the update... and tip...

What cable did you use to connect PC with NT21? Standard cable to connect PLC and NT21 has 9-pin male connector from both side. PC comm port has also 9-pin male connector - it will not work - did you just exchange male to female connector with the same pin out or you changed something?

To connect PC and NT21, use this schematic: PC 9-pin serial connector <=> NT21 9pin RD 2-------------------------------2 SD SD 3-------------------------------3 RD RS 7-------------------------------5 CS CS 8-------------------------------4 RS SG 5-------------------------------9 SG NT21_PC_cable.pdf

Hi With cable which has pin out as above you can also connect CX-Simulator with NT21 using NT-Link (1:N). I set up this configuration on CP1H simulation. For NT-LINK I had to set up Serial port 2 as below: Make sure you set the same values in port A of NT (38400 baud rate (no faster) and 0 Unit No) After you transferred settings to virtual PLC you have to disconnect and connect CX-simulator to refresh settings. It works much faster then hostlink Pawel