Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

CX-Supervisor

3 posts in this topic

First, is there an inactivity timeout feature available, I cannot seem to find one. How do others achieve this function? I could execute a script every so many minutes, but this is not really an inactivity timeout. Second, can a message box be closed automatically? I have alarms being displayed in a message box, but if another alarm is generated and the previous one is not acknowledged, then the system 'freezes' until all alarms are acknowledged. If this cannot be done, then I will probably remove the message box. This system is not 'manned' all the time, and alarms are sent to a paging service, but the user likes having the popup.

Hi there, No inactivity timer but there is an "Activity" monitor If you use $MouseX and $MouseY these change every time the mouse IS CLICKED so if you have a condition script that calculates the time to logout/screensave (or whatever). Then another Condition script to trigger when current time equals calculated time. Yes MessageBox is Modal and waits for a click. Actually each CX-Supervisor Alarm defintion already includes an "Acknowledge" option that shows a MODELESS dialog so normal operation continues. It also changes to show the "Highest" priority. Hopefully this function provides all the functionality you need? The users still have the popups but system keeps running. Bertie Baker

Yes, this could be the way I should go, I will get back to this project shortly, will have a look at the alarm options, could be better than a message box. Thanks for you replies