Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drozdu

S7-300 & Lenze Servo

5 posts in this topic

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone, as this is my first post on this forum ;) I need to connect S7-300 PLC with CPU 313C-2DP with Lenze EVS9322-EP Servo. Connection has to be established on Profibus-DP network. The problem is that I have never worked with Profibus network (actually I'm a student, I have only some basic knowledge about PLC programming) and I completely don't know what should I start with. I think I need some programming manual for S7-300. Unfortunately I haven't found anything on Siemens support page (perhaps I haven't searched good enough ). I would be very grateful for any help (i.e. web address for programing manuals, etc.) drozdu PS.1 In my university I'm going to attend the course "Industrial computer networks"... PS.2 ...It starts in october

Hello and welcome drozdu. :) Your job can be split into two tasks: 1. How to connect to the 313C-2DP with the Lenze servo. Learn how to setup basic S7 hardware configuration. Then learn how to setup a small profibus network using Siemens parts from the HW catalog. Then learn how to setup the actual network by importing 3rd party components into the hw catalog (via GSD files). There will probably be several possible variants for the Lenze drive with varying number of datawords transferred in both directions, so study the Lenze documentation to learn which one is relevant for you. 2. How to control the Lenze servo from the user program. Study the lenze documentation to learn what is required to control the drive. Possibly, there is even sample code, maybe even for S7. One tip: There is a pitfall when using profibus between several vendors that datavalues in words may be interpreted differently. Some use little endian, and some use big endian. The byte order is swapped between these two formats. Some drives has a configuration option to use litte or big endian to accomodate the requirement of the used Profibus master.

Thanks for help, JesperMP. I've managed to get it moving Regards

Hi Drozdu, I m not sure whether u realise or not but Lenze homepage have prepare some S7 sample program for profibus. It under Service & Download> Software download > Lenze Application Knowledge base. Also can find some Technical Manual inside Service & Download. I notice that u use a positioning Lenze with S7 cpu and i sure u will use this profibus interface module EMF2133IB which plug to the drive. Good Luck dsc

Hi all! Try to have a look at http://akb.lenze.de ! You will find a good start-up manual regarding communication settings for the Lenze 2133 Profibus interface and also a couple of STEP7 FC's (FC30 and FC108, I think) and a DB. You must copy these FC's to your project and set the right Profibus addresses at FC30 and Lenze's parameters inside the DB. It's really very simple! CAUTION: Remember Lenze data formats! Most of the parameters use to be 32-bits long and sometimes they keep 4 decimal places. Good luck! SUBY