Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnex

How to Used 1747-SN Remote Scanner to 1794-ASB -Analog Config

6 posts in this topic

Hello Guys! I have done a lot of programming using 1794-ASB with PLC5 and CLX, But for SLC 500 it's new to me. Now, I have this question, I'm going to add a module 1794-IB16 Discrete input to a 1/2 slot Analog Group (3 Module 1794-IE8). since it was already set to 1/2 slot I just add 1 1794-IB16. When I try to Power up the Whole PLC and try to inject +24Vdc to the Input Card, It work. But the Analog Input is not Moving as if the PLC is Hang. is there anybody has the idea, Also why I see in the Program Adress : M1.3.603. See attached Doc. Thanks Gnex SLC.doc Edited by Gnex

In you attached picture I count 5 I/O modules this means you need a 3/4 rack configuration. The 1794 I/O when used with the SLC starts a new slot with each module even if the mdoule is only 8 points. Also a word of warning, search the AB knowledgebase, there was a problem at one time with 1794 ASB IO and analog inputs when they where not the last module in the string. Con't remembe any nmore than that all digitals following the analog would appear "dead".

I agree with Bob; with 5 modules in "Single Slot" mode that 1794-ASB will self-configure as a "3/4 Rack" of RIO data and your RSLogix 500 configuration must match. The M-files are used to perform Block Transfer instructions to send configuration data to the analog modules and read input data back from them. I would need to examine your entire program, and not just a screenshot, to find out why those routines are no longer working. I would expect nothing in the adapter to work properly because the adapter size is not the same as the configuration.

If the 1794-ASB is set up for "1-slot" addressing, then the 3 Analog modules and 1 Discrete module will together constitute "1/2 Rack" of I/O data, so that is correct. The discrete module will not interfere with the block transfers in the adjacent analog module if you are using "1-slot" addressing mode. I would probably be able to solve this problem if you posted: The Series Letter of the 1794-ASB (Series A,B,C,D, or E) from the label on the left side. The settings of all of the DIP switches on the 1794-ASB. The SLC-500 program (*.RSS) itself. This issue is pretty much at the stage where you should be working directly with RA Tech Support if you can.

I already solve the problem! I only isolate the power supply, I used another power supply just for the DI module, and It works.... Thank you all for your Time, I'm really happy to have join this forum. Gnex