Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dancios

Convert old Simatic S5 to omron cpm2a

11 posts in this topic

Right now i've got nasty job into converting old siemens s5(csf) to some Omron (propably cpm2a) Ladder or CSf. Is there any manual or program how to do it properly becouse i see that siemens is a nasty device :> ? IS it correct ? Edited by dancios

A programming manual of CPM2A would be convenient: W353-E1-05 SYSMAC CPM1/CPM1A/CPM2A/CPM2C/SRM1(-V2) PROGRAMMING MANUAL @MrPLC.com The KEEP function has the same functionality as the set/reset instruction above, but you should use a NO contact for B as well. Good luck with the nasty bastard

Ar you sure ? So Siemens S R is normal Set Reset ? I thought that it is flip-flop RS XD like it's described http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop_%28electronics%29 Edited by dancios

Both the set an reset function of a KEEP instruction are executed by ON condition. So looking at the above FBD instruction this is how I would translate it. So the truth table when both contacts are NO on the KEEP instruction would be:

[CUT] Thanks :) i Found also a similar block in my Siemens Program documentation a -R b -S F10.3 Q- How does it work ? :> can i use this trick ? b -s KEEP a 210.3 Edited by dancios

Hi ! The Siemens example is exactly KEEP instruction in OMRON with RESET Priority (- in polish - przerzutnik RS ). In CX-Programmer it would look like: Pawel

Right now i have problem in this blok becouse old dos step5 is impossible to work XD how to rewrite this sequence into omron ?

You need write us output address - You miss that ( what you want to SET or RESET) PAwel

the adres is not important for example: F 70.1 how this block is working ? and how to implement it in omron ? And the last question...... how to import such LD ? i do it like that but i don't know how CORRECTLY it's done :) Edited by dancios

The best way to understand how KEEP instruction work is trying it. Write RUNG to your CX-programmer, download it to your CPM2A and switch Inputs 0.00 and 0.01 You will see results at 10.00 Output. Your drawings are not readable. Try to make it better or make screenshots from STEP5. Pawel

Considering the contacts you use in the CXP screenshot refer to the same contacts as your "drawing" it looks like you understand the conversion allright. Perhaps it is better to convert the program as you think it should be, and when finished post it here along with printout or scanned printout of the S5 program. After that you can start testing the program and we can help you. And yes, your paint skills are awful...