Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcalderonv

Panel View 900 Issue

5 posts in this topic

Hello. I have an issue with a terminal 2711-T9A1 FRN 1.00 RIO: I am working on the .PBA file in Panel Builder v3.82, and when I tried to download it to the terminal, I found that the graphics were damaged. When I try to save it as a 2.6 version, the same happens. I would appreciate if any of you could help me with this. Im attaching the application. Thanks a lot! NOEL__NESTLE_1A_ESP.PBA

Just a quick first thought - FRN 1.00 try updating your firmware it might be that 3.82 is using features not expected in FRN 1.00. I think FRN 4.10 is out if I am not mistaken. Check with your AB/Rockwell rep.

Actually, what I am trying to avoid, is to do a firmware update, because it is to risky and those terminals are very critical in the process they are at this time. The option I am looking for, is probably some panel builder version that doesn't damage the images. But I know a firmware update will be the last option Ill use. Tkank you! Calderon.

I had something like that happen with a version 1.03 PanelView 550 a couple of years ago, with PanelBuilder 3.71, I think. Are the graphics turned upside down ? That's what happened to mine. Because the terminal I had was non-upgradeable, I just left the graphics as-is and lived with it. I later learned from A-B that those old terminals had an upload problem with bitmaps, and that the only thing for it was to have the original file or to process the bitmaps to turn them over. Since those terminals are critical, you ought to have an upgrade plan. The 900's aren't being built anymore; probably the safest thing is to have PV1000 Standards on hand.

The images are totally damaged. I am attaching some samples. Besides, We don't have PV1000. How do I know whether those PV are upgradeable or not? Thanks a lot! Calderon Edited by dcalderonv