Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
philbee

E910 firmware question

4 posts in this topic

Hi, My first post here guys so go easy on me the crew at work decided to wash the e910 hmi the other night with about 10,000 litres of water and ruined it, weve got a replacement and i have the original program on disc, im using e-designer ver 6.10 to download to the screen but the prob is when we power up the screen button are very slow to respond and comms error is flashing on top left corner. the program was designed for firmware version 6.0 but the screen carries firmware version 6.1, could this effect it? i tried to convert the program to suit firmware 6.1 using e-designer but i get the warning message that some objects are not suitable for 6.1 and will be deleted. Ive been trying to locate the firmware version 6.0 for the screen on the net but i cant find anywhere, im really stumped, can someone please. many thanks in advance

I very much doubt if the firmware versions are an issue. Many of the E900s I programme have later firmware versions than the E-Designer firmware version and I've never yet noticed a problem. When transferring programmes, I normally turn off the firmware version check. The comms error flashing in the top corner is the problem you should be hunting down, as it normally relates to a comms problem between the HMI and the PLC, or possibly to an ethernet comms error if an ethernet expansion card is fitted in the HMI and it can't find the network that the HMI software is telling it to expect. The driver that E-Designer uses to enable the HMI to talk to the PLC can also cause this problem. I remember downloading software into an E900 to talk to a Q2AS CPU and the driver on my new laptop was the one that had come with the E-Designer disc, while the one on my old laptop had been updated from the Internet. Result was that the older driver got installed and I ended up with exactly the problem you describe. Conclusion - check that the HMI to PLC Driver is the latest version available from Beijers. The old www.e-terminal.com website is still active (well, it was the last time I looked) and drivers can still be found there, though it's now a bit clunky to find your way round. Or, in E-Designer try FILE / UPDATE DRIVERS FROM THE INTERNET to see how up to date your drivers are. Best of luck .....

Update the comm drivers via the Internet in the File menu. Your problem is going to be in the comm driver setup somewhere. Make sure the comm settings in the project are correct.

Thanks for the replies guys, i took both your advice and went through my driver setup and it was ok and then connected the terminal directly to the plc upstairs and it worked perfect, so i ran new cat5 cables to downstairs and so far everything is Also, while searching through your forum i found where sparky had mentioned the functions for the small pot on the back of the screen, we had a defunct screen here where the touch was about half an inch too low and therefore no use to us, so i used the calibrate touch function and hey presto, good as new again HUGE thanks for the help guys, very grateful