Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silentcricket

CS1G Help

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm programming a CS1G with CX-pro. 6.0 and had a question or two. I know with allen-b you can have B3 bits, which are internal bits that can be set, or used as a 'fake' bit just to make programming a little easier, i'm wondering if Omron has anything similar. My problem is that i am trying to make a program and i need addresses that i can turn on and off to control timers and such but dont actually want them to turn on and off my outputs. I've been using my output slots that dont have any connections but am running out of open slots. So again, does Omron have anything similar to a B3 bit?? Also, with timers im having a bit of a learning curve here going from AB to Omron. In AB you can set an input to say i I:T4/TT and have that bit turn on only when the timer is timing and then turn off when the timer is done. Again i've looked through the instructions for Omron and can't find something similar to that and was wondering what anyone was using or if this is even possible. I dont want the bit to come on when the timer is done, i only want it to come on when the timer is timing. If anyone can help with any of these questions that would be great. Thanks for your time guys.

Hi SilentCricket The internal memory is: W0-W511 (W0.0 to W511.15) - Work bits - also accessible as Words, Dwords etc H0-H511 (H0.0 to H511.15) - Retentive work bits - also accessible as Words, Dwords etc D0-D32767 - Access as words, or Dwords (all retained) Depending on the CPU, you may have E0-E32767 (behaves like D) Any 'core i/o' (CIO) that isn't used for real I/O can be used for internal use. If you have an I/O cards at slot 0, 1, and 2, you can use words 3 to 6143 (no prefix required). I like to enable "Automatic Allocation" (from the PLC menu), give it a big chunk of W to go at, and program symbolically The standard timer doesn't have a TT flag. In the downloads section here, I've put a timer FB that gives you TT, DN, elapsed and remaining time. Might be useful for you. Timer FB Come back with any questions. Pp Edited by ParaffinPower

Thanks for the advice and the timer, it should make programming a little bit easier. If i run into any more problems i'll make sure to ask, thanks for helping out. Silentcricket

Hey there pp... noticed in your first statment for the FB description that you state hate using BCD...etc have you looked at the TIMX instructions ? They don;t use BCD... just need to set the PLC to use them.

PP, I tried that Timer that you gave me and it doesnt work for the CS1G, the closest was the CS1G-H. Do you know of a similar timer that would work on my CS1G-CPU42 ? Thanks again for your help. Silentcricket

See below.... A timer enable bit is really only a coil that is energised the same time the timer is enabled.... In Omron the done bit is the actual timer address.... in this example the timer is a BCD based timer hence the # in fron of the 100.... use these types if you are still coming to terms with Omron.... Omron is highly flexible...... and to bo honest i have found it to be the fastest to develope ladder logic and to do online changes... BTW the reason the function block didn;t work is that you need at least a version 3 CPU which supports function blocks (all of the newer models do) you don;t have one

And a Masked Move is actually an AND instruction. AB takes a lot of the thinking out of how to do simple things, by providing intuitive instructions such as above. They also provide a TOF, but can be confusing if you are not familiar with them, like any instruction or software I guess. Edited by scottmurphy