Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

Mitsubishi (Beijers) E1101 HMI

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used the Mits E1101 HMI, and if so can report any issues or problems?

I have just finished a project using the 1100 model which is the same but with function keys and not touch screen. Have to say no problems what so ever and the software was also easy to use. Rodney

I've use E1101 and other E-terminals with no problems. You might get more responses had you put this in the Mitsubishi forum...

We have just finished a project using one in place of our standard panelview with Control Logix. So far I am extremely impressed. Andybr

I asked because my customer has apparently run into a few problems. Screen will lock up occasionally. It has to be rebooted. Also when using the Remote Access Viewer, sometimes the viewer will freeze and the only way to re-establish connection is to reboot. I have seen it lockup at least twice, he reports maybe 6 times. I have also seen it just reboot while running. Mitsubishi of course says they have never seen any of this, so thats the end of it from their end.

Keep in mind it's hard to blame it all on Mitsu when that is a rebranded product. They can only do what is provided by the manufacturer.

I've used about 12 of the E1101 touch screens now without many problems. Mine are all connected to Mitsi FX2-N's though. I did experience a problem similar to yours in that the screen froze, but it also came up and said comm error. It has only happened a couple of times in about a year, and the only way to sort it is to reboot the E1101 and FX2-n. I heard somewhere though that you can change the comms time out to a longer time and it might cure the problem.