Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drusso

rslogix 500 clear counters

11 posts in this topic

Is there a simple way to clear the acc for a group of counters using rslogix 500? I want to reset the counts on over 100 counters with out having to add individual reset commands in the program. the processor is a 5/04. thanks, drusso

You might able to move an interger of 0 into all the locations of the accumulator on the counters.

Have you considered a single RES command and indirect addressing, you could reset 1 counter each scan.

Can you give me an example of this option? It sounds like what i am looking for. thanks, drusso

This assumes your counters are in order from 1 to 100 Hope this helps, Bob O. Edit..You will need to clear N7:1 when you want to reset the counters and then SUB 3 will run until N7:1 = 100 COUNTER_ACC_RESET.RSS Edited by Bob O

Thanks for the quick reply. If I try to open the example my rslogix version 4.10 says unexpected file format. Can you convert to pdf? thanks, drusso

Here you go COUNTER_ACC_RESET.pdf

Thinking aloud now, the method I posted I assume will work for most applications but would it be more correct to reset the status bits along with the ACC value? Thanks, Bob Edit...Added PDF Would this be better? COUNTER_ACC_RESET.pdf Edited by Bob O

Can you not also do an RES C5:[N7:1]?

Unless I typed it incorrectly, It gives me an error stating Indirect Address not allowed. Counter_Res.pdf Edited by Bob O

I was able to use the program example from Bob O to reset the counters. Thanks to all who responded. drusso