Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geoorge

HELP HELP

3 posts in this topic

HELP !!!! I HAVE ON SLC 5/05 CONNECTED TO A PV USING DH485, ON BOTH EXTREMS OF THE NETWORK I HAVE TWO AIC INTERFACES, I HAS BEEN WORKING FINE FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS. YESTERDAY SUDDENLY IN THE PV IT SAID, ERROR 615 ERRORS ON THE DATA LINK, AND IT HAS THE COMMS LED GREEN FLASHING. I MADE THE "MEXICAN RESET" (I SHUTDOWN THE SLC AND THE PV) THEN POWER UP AND THE SAME ISSUE. SOMEONE HAS A TROUBLESHOTTING GUIDE FOR THE DH485. IN THE CHANNEL 0 CONFIGURATION OF THE SLC I SEE 0 NODES ATTACHED TO THE DH485 NET, I CHECK THE PHYSICAL LINKS AND IT LOOKS FINE. PLEASE HELP ME

The first thing I would do is set up a 1747-PIC driver in RSLinx and then plug into the unused port on the AIC+. (It is an AIC+ and not a 1747-AIC, isn't it?) I'm assuming this would be the mini-DIN connector so you need a 1761-CBL-PM02 or equivalent. You should be able to see the entire network. If that doesn't work, unplug the phoenix plug so you are now just looking at the SLC. Make sure the baud rate is set correctly (usually "auto" on the AIC+) and there are no node number conflicts. If that works, try unplugging the SLC and plugging the phoenix plug back in. You should see the panelview. Make sure the node number is different from the SLC. t this point you should have a pretty high confidence level that your network is configured properly You might try doing a forum search for DH485 or AIC, because there's sure to be a lot of old posts in this forum related to the problem you're having

If you are looking for a DH485 manual or AIC AIC+ manuals the Rockwell Literatrure Library will have them. www.ab.com/manuals will get you there after a redirect or two.