Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahuat

Need help on download ns by serial RS232

9 posts in this topic

Dear All, I am not familiar with NS system but i have work with NT system, so this is my first long try.... I try to download from computer to NS5 via serial RS232, and i use screen data transfer function, is that correct? every time i set a serial communication in Direct data transfer to NS/computer block the system got error, as everyone can see in the attachment. seems i can not set a communication between computer and NS, because always an error message appears, does somebody has facing this kind of problem? If anybody know how to solve this problem please help. Is there a clear explaination about the procedure to do a download from computer to NS via RS 232? Because the explaination in help manual, for me, is not really clear. Thanks in advance Regards Ahuat fail_message.bmp

Hi Ahuat, From the NS Designer operation manual: Pages_from_V074_E1_05_NS_Designer_Operation_manual.pdf

Thank you for your reply Pdl, Yeah, it's looks like an installation error, another thing is if i choose using USB, i have no error displaying. I think i know what to set in computer in USB mode, do you have any information how to set USB communication in NS? Regards, Ahuat.

See attachements. Pages_from_V083_E1_06.pdf Pages_from_V088_E1_02.pdf

When you connect NS through USB, Windows asks you to install driver. You can find it in C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-Server\USB\win2000_XP\inf once you have finished the new hardware installation you are ready to download/upload sofwares

Great thanks to Pdl and Valerio81. I try to reinstall NS designer, something was changing and it looks better but still not success. some point i want to share are : 1. PC - NT serial cable does work for transfering data to NS, because everytime i use PC NT cable, my computer directly hang. I use WindowS ME with Sony PCG-FX240 Laptop. 2. I use cable as in NS setup manual page : Appedi 6 page A29, and i my computer did not hang altough the communication didn't success. 3. I make a comparison with NT, i remember in NT, i have to change my NT into "transmit mode" menu, and in my NS, i only have a message "no project data is registered. Press ok button and download project data". I pressed "ok" and it goes to System menu, with some button, I didn't press anything and directly perform transfer data but no success. 4. I think it didn't success because the NS not in "transmit mode" state .....( my comparison with old NT ) 5. Is there any mode for transferring data? ( DIP switch no 5 is OFF ) or there is any setting that i missed? 6. I can not find the driver Valerio81 mention, there is no USB driver in my CX server, thats mean i have to re install my NS designer and CX server and choose more options during installation? 7. Are CX server program we get from CX programmer and NS designer similar? Regards ahuat

Dear All, more information i got is, in screen data transfer monitor, i can not check sellect all nor select update screen, i attach a printscreen of the problem, does anybody knows the reason ? Regards, ahuat prinscreen2.bmp

1 - 2 the cable is the same for NT, NS and also PLC CJ for example 2 - 2 3 - 3 PC 5 - 9 NS 7 - 5 8 - 4 3 - 4 there's no transmit mode on NS. It is all automatic when you download your software 5 - All the DIPS must be OFF. 6 - Are you using CX-Designer or NS Designer? I'm sure that CX-ONE version there's the USB directory. I dont remember if NS Designer had the same Bye

Dear Valerio, Many thanks to you Finally i'm success with USB connection, The driver path is : C\Omron\NS-Designer\USBHostDriver\Win98_Me I'm still not success with my serial connection, my assumption is the serial port in NS has defect when connect to serial computer, but it works when connect to PLC. I hope the information can help others. Regards, ahuat 1 - 2 the cable is the same for NT, NS and also PLC CJ for example 2 - 2 3 - 3 PC 5 - 9 NS 7 - 5 8 - 4 3 - 4 there's no transmit mode on NS. It is all automatic when you download your software 5 - All the DIPS must be OFF. 6 - Are you using CX-Designer or NS Designer? I'm sure that CX-ONE version there's the USB directory. I dont remember if NS Designer had the same Bye