Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sas11

twido program

2 posts in this topic

Hello I am new to forum and brand new to plc's. We have hundreds of air compressors on the east cost with TWIDO plc's. Recently I found one with a stuck internal contact. Ordered a new one and at that time the supplier advised me that their programming guy had quit! So the supplier being no help and my very limited knowledge of plc programming. I ordered a comm cable and fiquired i could just download the program and upload it to the new one. was able to due this but found plc protection? The supplier has told me that they do not have anyone who can do this and do not know any of the passwords. They are currently looking to hire a programmer, however this does not help me and has made me very vulnerable in my ability to service the equipment. Is there any other way I can get the program into the new plc??? I desperitly need help and have almost no experience in this area. Thanks in advance

Call the local Modicon representative. Perhaps with confirmation from the supplier that they did not intend for the program to be protected and it's a leftover from a rogue employee, they might be able to get around it. But they won't do it without validation, since the idea is the password is used by a programmer to protect intellectual property. You might actually have to send them the PLC to have the password removed.